Genres
Horror: The Horror Genre can be simply summarised as something (a piece of media or art) That has been crafted to scare the viewer.Fantasy: Is the genre that covers Myths and legends (not usually true or 'make believe' animals or beasts i.e. Unicorns) it also covers alternate truths like the tale of king Aurthur.
Sci-fi: Science Fiction is future based science technology that has resulted in fantasy in the future usually involving aliens.
War: War based games are usually shooters, based in reality on past and preset wars.
We have created collage's using images of computer games to represent each genre.
This was a simple exercise but proved complected trying to short out which image went to which genre. So many games now are hybrids and have spawned sub-genres as the media industry evolves. On my collage I tried to set it out within the for corners, but as I progressed I realised I couldn't create an even collage as both image size and quantity made it disproportionate to what i tried to make. I then tried to place some in between genres. However this became confused within the collage as some images ended up in the wrong sections i.e Meryl - Metal Gear Solid Series is in between Fantasy and Horror when I intended her to be in between War, Fantasy and Sci-fi as the series spans the genres.
No comments:
Post a Comment