My Design
For my design I wanted to have three separate elements, The Series Name (Saltaire Chronicles), The Game Name (The Wine of Titus) and the Vial/"Wine". Mounted on a background representing the sandstone of Saltaire. However having the three elements caused the overall image to seem broken or fragmented.
My intentions for Sereis Name were to have it in a traditional font, I doubled the layers to add a black outline to it or extra shadow, but re sized the font wrongly so it is not clean against a proportion of the text ruining the affect of the double layer (I noticed this imperfection whitest uploading it for my blog). I added a Drop Shadow as an effect on the layer, but after playing around with the Size, Distance and Spread this was to give a similar effect as the doubled layer but I increased the distance of it too much so this now, rather than being slightly raised above the background seems to be floating in the foreground. However the other text I did which is the Game name, I used a more Simple font style to hint towards the modern day setting, I changed the color of Titus to a Blood Red and used the smudge tool to give the effect of dripping blood. The Idea behind this was to hint at the horror Element of the game but because this style is so different to the over fonts and is already quite dark (in a horror style) in its styling the difference exaggerated the Horror aspect. I feel that the Vial in its styling is suitable and effective as it doesn't reveal too much that would spoil the game (other than pointing out that the "Wine of Titus" isn't actually wine). The plain background doesn't remove focus from the fore ground (if it was Brick work the lines might disrupt the focus point).
The Chosen Logo
This is our chosen Logo, But we would like to add other elements into the design to make it more stylish.


Hi Joey.....good work so far. In order to get your overall grades up....can you describe in more detail WHAT needs to be added to the banner to meet the requirements & say where it will be displated.
ReplyDeleteWhat aspects are YOU and your fellow team members responsible for in the production work - see my 'marketing stuff PPT in the FMP folder.
Make sure you do screen shots of how your environment is developing with explanations & sunject terminology to get this up to Merit...good work so far, just need more evidence & text for your 3D work :D