Wednesday, 9 February 2011

UVW texturing

In Photoshop we created a texture map to use on an unwrapped 3D model.
After print scening the UVW unwrapped net, so that I knew the proportions and shape. I used a fill colour as a base then added effects like the burn and smudge tools, I also used the  texture filter craquelure to add depth.
Then place this as a map in 3Ds max it has textured in proper proportion and place. I am Happy with the look of this texture except for the roof as the highlighted bits actually deleted because the hardness of the rubber was too high but I didn't  realise because of the underling layer.  I  then added an omni light to add an extra feel to the scene  as in this photo /image.
But it still looked dark so I added another light which didn't work in aiding the scene.
However the textured walls show a Eire feel so I have decided to leave this how it is and when I come back to creating other UVW texture maps I will  make sure I double check what it looks like when other layres are removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment