Lights in media can effect mood and feel, in stage Dramas this can be used to effect background, icey blue lights create the illusion of a cold area. Height and distance also effect tone as well as angles. When telling a horror story the sterotypically way of doing it is to hold a flash light under your chin angled upwards highlighting only curtian features. In films light flashs (thunder) creates a scary tone. This is also true for games the origanall resident evil (although low quality graphics) used lighting and camera angles to create tension and fear, Dead Space and Amnisia have also used them effectively. These are pratice renders from 3D max that I have created to pratice with lighting features.
This last one is the one I have mostly changed, I changed the angle, and hight as well as fall off and decay.



No comments:
Post a Comment